Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday 28 May 2012

Back!

From Vegas that is! It was great. Lots of fun. Not as much food as I was expecting (which was good!) but not the healthiest options. We did a lot of great stuff...highlight was the helicopter tour to the Grand Canyon. Amazing. We also did the Hoover Dam, saw some shows, and did a lot of walking. It was HOT. omg. But not southern Ontario hot with all of it's stupid humidity. It was a nice dry heat. Great trip.

When I got back my back was still hurting. So I took it easy. Today it was feeling better so I went for a 1.5 mile run. God I hate coming back to running after being away from it. How does 1 week make so much difference?? I struggled to get to that 1.5 miles. Sigh. Oh well. Wednesday we go again. Hopefully a morning run if the heat is ok. I don't do humid muggy running. But mornings through June should still be ok. It's just July and August that are concerning. My plan for tomorrow is to take a circuit from my Jillian Michael's Hot Bod in a Box and do a strength interval workout. It's killer. I recommend it to anyone. Wednesday running again, Thursday strength intervals, Friday running, then Saturday or Sunday surprise :)

Can't rest on those proverbial laurels. As I was heading out of work today I moaned to my co-worker, "I don't want to go to the gym!" She was like "don't! Walk with me to Union instead!" But I replied "no, if not today, then when?" It's so important for me to buck my usual trend and actually get back on track on the first available day. Today was the day. If I didn't go today, I know that I would have made an excuse for tomorrow, then Wednesday, Thursday, etc. Nevermind sliding down that slope, I'd be barreling down headfirst straight into a poutine.

My main concern is to get my 10K training back on track. I've got a race to run in a month and a half. I want to be prepared. I also really want to lose my ass. Running builds strong legs right? Somebody please tell me that running helps shape up the lower half?? Sigh. That's my only rant today :)

From other aspects of life, I'm waiting for my offer package from GB. Not offer letter, but offer PACKAGE. It's being UPS'd...it's too big to send in the regular mail. Seriously?? What's in that thing?? My acceptance to university seems to be less complicated. I am anxiously anxiously waiting for that package. Then maybe it'll feel real.

Time to relax a bit, then bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment