Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday 14 April 2012

Attitude Adjustment

I think it's time for an attitude adjustment. I've been in a funk for the past cpl weeks...just mad at the world (ok, and an out and out bitch at times). Well enough of the damn pity party. A positive attitude brings positive results. I did a run today that I didn't want to do...it would have been so easy to stay at home since I am preparing for my bf's citizenship party tomorrow (totally not OP but I've planned for it :) ), but I read an article about making time for exercise. If I can sit on the couch and read an article (lol), then I can hit the gym. So I laced up and headed downstairs. Then I decided to up my game and increase my speed and did 20 straight minutes at 5.5. I'm still being held at 30 minutes total cardio per time I do it, so I'm not too worried about distance right now.

I want to hit my goal of 5 workouts this week. Tonight's was number 4. Tomorrow before I prep for the party I have another at home workout from my trainer, that'll put me at 5 and back on track.

I want to be more positive. Therefore, I am going to be more positive :) I'm going to put one foot in front of the other, one meal at a time, one workout at a time, one day at a time...(how many cliches can I think up here?? lol). I felt really good after my run. Then, when I was stretching, I was able to touch the floor behind my head with my feet! I'm weirdly flexible, like seriously. Splits, touch the floor, everything. So when I'm all limber I can usually get my feet back and touch the ground behind me :) Not like cirque du soleil flexible but more than the average person I think. This also means that I'm more prone to injury since I can over-extend really easily (hence my back very likely). But anyway, every time I stretch I try to go farther. This time it was quite easy to get my legs back there, lol.

Then I came home and instead of the grilled cheese sandwich I wanted, I had eggs and half a grapefruit. One thing I really struggle with is that a certain amount of sacrifice is needed in order to get to my goal. Even when I was following WW there was sacrifice involved (compared to how I usually ate). Yes, I will have to say no to things more than I say yes...but for now, that's ok. I can re-instate some things when I am maintaining (within moderation of course), but there are some things that I won't be able to have around me anymore (hello kettle chips, I'm talking to you!) I can't buy those things. But if I can finally nail this moderation thing, I feel a little more confident about keeping things going. Like right now I'm gonna have the other half of my grapefruit cause I'm still a little hungry rather than the ginger cookies hiding in my cupboard :)

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment