Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday 15 February 2012

The final push

I met with the PT consultant today. We talked for almost an hour. She was attentive, and listened to my history and what I needed. It was a great change from my experience at Goodlife. I got my training journal, and I am expecting a call from the trainer selected for me. I also committed to paying $1600. *gulp* That's almost $300 a month for the next 6 months. With that much money I could be lying on a sweet a$$ beach right now. But then again, I'd be depressed cause I'd be too chubby to wear a bathing suit, so I guess that's moot.

However, what the monetary commitment is doing for me is giving me the motivation to address ALL sides of the weightloss equation......food + exercise + psychological well being. I am doing research into overeating and found out that the amazing benefits package I get through the Moroccan's work covers free counselling. I called them today and in addition to that call from the personal trainer, I am also expecting a call from the counsellor selected for the issues I want to cover. I am no longer just focusing on one aspect of this journey (ie. food as with WW), or fitness (as with Insanity or JM). I am doing the WHOLE package. Because I am finally aware of the fact that to fix one side and ignore the other is to apply a bandaid with no real solution.

I kind of feel like I did when I first started WW. The commitment. The drive to succeed. I am going to be accountable to more than just myself, and I am going to get whatever the hell is going on in my head figured out.

This is my push and I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment