Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, 6 June 2011

New week

Today was interesting. I've been on HM for a week now. It's not bad. Definitely more restrictive than WW...I thought I would be ok with that, but it is a little bit of struggle. The good news is that I am waaay more conscious of what I eat than I was before, the bad news? I can still justify those bites and nibbles that are off program. I'm learning.

Saturday was ok. Food wise it was good, bf-wise it was amazing :) My Moroccan came home! I was so excited. I got all dressed up, hair and make up, and picked him up at the airport. Then he proceeded to sleep for like 15 hours, lol. But I stuck to my food plan, more or less. I will admit I had a couple cookies from the home made molasses crinkle cookies I had made for my students for a school picnic the day before. I didn't exercise. But I was ok with food. Sunday....well, Sunday, with bf fully awake and it being such a beautiful day in Toronto, we had a picnic on Toronto Island. A picnic with roasted chicken, bread, artichoke and asiago dip, strawberries, blueberries, and Moroccan cookies. Not bad really, but I just had too much of the not so good things.

Back to today. I'm at work. I eat my breakfast (oatmeal with a tsp of maple syrup, 1/2 cup skim milk). About 15-30 minutes after eating I realise I need to take my vitamins (HM mandated)...I take them. About 10 minutes after I take them I start to feel sick. This continues for like an hour, maybe, before I had to bolt to the bathroom where I threw up. I'm pretty sure it was the supplements. I've had this happen before when I've taken vitamins on an empty stomach, but this wasn't on an empty stomach. I visited HM today and of course she said it wasn't the supplements. Whatever, it's not like I had unknown food...oatmeal and milk and maple syrup...nothing really sick worthy there. So I knew it was the vitamins that just didn't agree with me this morning.

On another note...when I went for my first HM consultation, I got a really great girl. She was enthusiastic, offered lots of suggestions, and made me feel taken care of. Today I had the branch manager (I think it's her franchise or something)...I could tell that she just wanted to get me out of there. It wasn't a great feeling. She didn't really look at my food journal, and she didn't really offer any suggestions when I was telling her that I was struggling on the weekend. I think I am going to just ask for the first girl when I go back. I don't like the manager. This may be moot anyway, cause that location closes at 5, and I work till 4:30, and since I left early today and now have to make up time, I won't be leaving till 5 for the next cpl weeks, so I need to go to a diff location that's open till 6.

I still like the program. It's the hardcore kick in the butt that I needed and last week I felt in control and svelte (hehe). I want to continue that. This is an expensive program, and I don't want to mess it up.

I'm feeling better now that I've eaten, and rested a bit. I am going to try and go for a run later. Just day 2 of C25K. Take it easy. Plus, there's a hockey game on tonight, go Canucks!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment