Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday 9 January 2012

Day 1 - Success :)

It went well. I had all of my food. Except I left half my salad at lunch. Wow, does eating salad take a lot of time and effort! I have re-affirmed, that unless it's greek or caesar, I am not a salad person. At least not with leafy greens. I prefer cut up veggies with a light dressing (a la a greek salad) versus the leaves. Not a fan of the leaves.

I ate my designated snacks and didn't feel deprived, and only a little hungry. But I'm honestly not going to take the few hunger pains that I had today seriously. My stomach is used to much much MUCH more food! Let's be honest, I am not, nor have I ever been, starving! It needs to get used to reasonable portions again. One thing that I do have to work on is timing of my snacks. I will likely need something protein based before I work out, and then there is the mid-morning snack, but I wonder about the evenings. Maybe that's just a habit I need to break? We'll see how it goes.

I tried a new recipe tonight. Garlic roasted cauliflower and broccoli with salmon. It was good...except it's made with white wine, and I think the recipe I followed was too big for what I was doing. I didn't have as much veggies or fish, so the wine kind of overpowered everything else. I was able to kinda eat the veggies, but then they got cold and I really couldn't do it (anyone who's ever read my other posts knows my challenge with vegetables). Luckily, I had a back-up plan...I had cut up a pepper and baby carrots so that I had half veggies on my plate (I'm touch and go with cauliflower and broccoli, lol). So when the roasted veggies were hot, they were good, but when they cooled off I couldn't do it anymore. I will try again tomorrow. The salmon was tasty.. I liked it. But I have a problem with store bought pre-packaged salmon. You know those kinds that come in the blue packages pre-portioned out? So different from fresh caught salmon (I'm from BC, I would know). The texture is really different. I can't really shell out for whole salmon at this point, so I'll just have to suck it up.

I also did the fit test for Insanity!! It was insane. You really do have to "dig deeper" as Shaun T. is wont to say. It is so easy to stop and give up until the time runs out. What I like is that I will do this fit test in another two weeks, so I'm hoping to see some major improvement. It was also kinda cool to see that on some of the moves, I was only a few reps away from the people on the video. On others I was way off, but not gonna focus on that!

Tomorrow is the first "real" day. It's hard core cardio. What I like about it is that like half way through there is a stretching phase, which means you get a chance to pull yourself together and gear up for the next half.

So I'm excited, and looking forward to just jumpstarting my health and fitness :)

P.S. Ok, I have to confess...right now I am drinking a coffee with 1 tbls of coffeemate peppermint mocha creamer...coffee is allowed on the 17 DD, but the creamer is definitely not. This is my only oops of the day, and tomorrow I'm replacing it with green tea with a little truvia

Be strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment